* Recent transcript (an unofficial grade report is fine)
* Resume or CV
* Draft of any essays or personal statements you will be submitting as part of the application for which you need the letter
IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE ALL OF THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, PROF. MARKEY WILL NOT WRITE A LETTER FOR YOU.
In addition, if you are a current or former member of the BMIL, then you must also
* Meet the BMIL Tech Report requirements
IF PROF. MARKEY HAS NOT RECEIVED THE SUBMISSION LINK BY THE TIME THAT SHE IS READY TO WRITE THE LETTER, THEN SHE WON’T SUBMIT A LETTER FOR YOU.
multiple letters for the same purpose are to be requested, they must be
requested at the same time using a single submission of this online form. For example,
if you will apply to 5 graduate programs, then all 5 must be listed on this form. Notice that the
deadline for submitting the recommendation request is determined by the earliest letter
is your responsibility to ensure that
letters are actually submitted on time. If you have not received an email
confirmation of submission from Prof. Markey at least 4 days before the
deadline for an electronic submission (or 4 days before the date that a paper
submission is desired to be posted), then you need to remind her until you do receive confirmation that
the letter has been submitted.
Suggested escalation path for reminders:
* 4 days before the deadline: First email to remind
* 3 days before the deadline: Second email to
remind her: firstname.lastname@example.org
* 2 days before the deadline: Leave her voicemail to remind her +1.512.471.1711
* 1 day before the deadline: Call her administrative associate, Mr. Michael Don +1.512.471.4094
Has Prof. Markey ever written a letter for
you in the past? If so, when and for what?
Any other information that will help Prof.
Markey write a strong letter for you?